Gorokan High School logo

Gorokan High School

Gorokan High School


Telephone02 4393 7000


Making a complaint

Making a complaint

Any person can make a complaint.

Ideally, most complaints should be resolved informally with the relevant employee. If this is not possible, a formal complaint can be made.

What can a complaint be about?

A complaint can be about:

  • any aspect of the service provided, or not provided, in any Department of Education and Training site
  • the behaviour or decisions of staff, or practices, policies or procedures.

How can I make a complaint?

A complaint can be made orally or in writing. Oral complaints that cannot be resolved informally may need to be put in writing and help will be provided if needed by the person receiving the complaint. You can have a support person present when making the complaint and at any related meeting.

It is preferable but not essential that the complainant's name and signature are included in the complaint. You should be aware that, in some instances, a complaint can not proceed if it is anonymous or if you request that your identity be withheld.

A complaint can be made in any form. However there is a Complaint Form (pdf 27kb) available for your convenience. There are no associated fees.